by Jess Hunn
One of the best things about Thanksgiving dinner, is that it can go a long way. Take for example the classic turkey and cranberry sauce sandwich. Have more turkey to go around? Try this simply delicious Leftover Turkey Pot Pie Soup recipe. Can you say comfort food?
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups of 2% milk
- 1 stick of salted butter
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 cup of all purpose flour
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- 3 medium golden potatoes peeled, and cut into cubes
- 1 cup of frozen pearl onions
- 2 cups of sliced carrots
- 2 cups of frozen peas
- 3 cups of leftover Thanksgiving turkey, cubed
- 1/2 cup of heavy cream
- In a big soup pot, melt butter on medium-high heat. Add the garlic, heating until fragrant. Reduce the heat to medium and add flour, and let sit for around 2 minutes. Whisk in broth and milk to the soup pan and add pepper.
- Bring the soup to a boil. Let sit Around 5 mins. Add peas, pearl onions, potatoes and carrots. Simmer until potatoes are tender, around 25 mins.
- Add heavy cream and leftover thanksgiving turkey. Heat for an additional 5 mins. Serve with a biscuit or a crescent roll.
What are your favorite leftover Thanksgiving recipes? Let us know in the comments!